In this post I share the letter to my youngest daughter – Faith an amazing, energetic, smart and loving third grader. I realized that even though she is young, the poor baby has some specific battles and issues that she has to face even in elementary school. I know, I am shaking my head too, I thought elementary school was supposed to be a fun and easy life! But, honey let me tell you that these babies have quite a time. My letter to Faith is about loving who she is, the true meaning of beauty & how to be a sweet girl. Enjoy!
It’s mommy! I just want to tell you how proud I am of the smart, beautiful and godly little lady that you are growing up to be. I love the way you make me feel like I am the best mommy in the world. When you smile, you brighten my day! Faithy, you have such a kind and sincere heart and I want you to stay that way always!
I am so touched by how you are learning more and more about the Lord and you are really listening in church and in Bible Study. You are showing how much you love the Lord and I know he loves you more than you will ever know.
My darling, I just want to encourage you that I know it is hard for you at times to be the youngest in all of your classes, the other kids talk about things that we do not allow you to talk about. And because they are a little older, they are allowed to do things that we will not allow you to do yet (for example –have a cell phone). But, it is only for your own good. Mommy wants to tell you a few things that will help you grow into a beautiful, spirit filled woman of God.
My darling Sunshine I want you to always remember:
- You do not have to be treated badly by anyone, if someone makes you feel bad or says mean things to you tell an adult
- With the Lord on your side, you can accomplish all you want to accomplish
- God made all of us and beauty comes in all shapes and sizes
- Children of God do not bully other people
- Always tell the truth, God loves it when we tell the truth
- No one should touch you if you do not want to be touched – PERIOD
- Be a leader, and not a follower
- You are a lady – be sweet, be gentle and always be kind to others
- Being smart does not mean that you always know everything
- Always remember that you are a girl, that is the way God made you and there is nothing wrong with that!
You will always be my sunshine and I love you with all my heart!