Can I tell you how excited I am about this article? I am so honored to be collaborating with a young man coming to us from Columbus, Ohio, this is not just any young man – but it is none other than Julian McClurkin! How cool is that? Julian is a 6-year professional basketball veteran who received his call to the ministry in college when the Lord led him to continue a campus ministry Bible Study started by his older sister Dr. Janie McClurkin Moore at North Carolina A&T State University. Julian is not ashamed of his calling to the ministry and gives us some great tips on how to let our light shine while being in the spotlight. Enjoy this wonderful article!
TOP Seven Ways to: Let Your Light Shine while in the Spotlight.
Tips from a current 6-year Professional basketball vet on how to be the example Christ has call you to be.
- Never Call Wrong right, or Right Wrong.
- Know what you believe, then Believe what you Know!
- Be consistent. Don’t change with the trends.
- Never apologize for being yourself.
- Surround yourself with strong people. (Iron Sharpens Iron)
- Do not get discouraged if it seems like people do not like you. They will come around, and if they don’t, it’s their loss.
- Guard yourself.
- You cannot watch what everyone watches
- You cannot say what everyone says
- You cannot listen to what everyone listens to
Fun Fact About Julian: “I am the Guinness Book World Record holder for most slam dunks in one minute” Can you guess how many?
Here’s how you can connect with Julian on social media (and find out the answer to the question)