It’s beginning to look and feel a lot like winter in most parts of the country! As my husband watches various football games I see snow and cold damp weather which can be a yucky combination for keeping warm and looking cute. Now, it doesn’t have to be “fashion suicide” but how do you wear a hat and not look an old church lady?
Growing up I always hated the idea of wearing hats. I thought my head was too big, I always had some unusual braids or interesting accessories protruding from my head which made hats look CRAZY on me. As a kid, I would rather freeze in the winter before putting a hat on my head. Then, as I got older, I feared hats made me look “like an old church mother”. Thank God for all the fashionistas out there who have paved the way and made wearing hats a very fashionable and trendy accessory not only for winter but any time of year.
Here are 5 tips to help you rock a hat like a Fashionista!
- If you are attending a sporting event, especially these winter football games try pairing a sport beanie or ball cap with BOLD lipstick. It helps to give you a sporty, yet pulled together look.
- Wear a Floppy Hat with a fall inspired look, for a warm and trendy outfit!
- Pair a loose-at-the-top beanie with skinny jeans to pull together a causal and chic look.
- Don’t be so “matchy-matchy” with your hat. If you are wearing a lot of black, add pops of color to compliment the look.
- Always try on your hat and make sure they are a proper fit, ill-fitting hats can ruin your look. Some hats need to be snug, while others can rest gently on your head and look very chic!
Whatever your style, whatever you decide have fun & be creative. Find a look that works for you!